Sandara’s Say

0032

I got into “We Broke Up” because of the unique material and setting. Before I even read the script, I was convinced that I would do it because it seemed very fun and really interesting. The more I understood my character’s role in “WBU,” the more I saw similarities with myself. In fact, I was apprehensive that my own personality influenced my role’s character too much because I deliberately did not read the web toon, but the fans of the original material told me that I was in “synch” with the character, so it gave me confidence as well. Of course, this is a drama, so it extended beyond my usual range of emotions, so I tried various kinds of expressions.

When I first learned that I would be acting opposite (Kang)Seungyoon, my initial reaction was “should I give up this film” and I really worried about it a lot. We’re quite close with each other and I always saw him as my cute dongsaeng. But when the filming time came, there were no strange or awkward moments, but we felt that we had committed to our roles already. It was with different eyes that I saw Seungyoon from the very first time we heard the word “shoot.” The 2NE1 members are also close friends and they teased, “what were you thinking then,” but they were very supportive and loving of my work and they said, “we’re very excited,” so it was a very fortunate reaction. I want to try acting in more romantic-comedy in the future. There are many different areas that I want to challenge myself with, but I was originally set in the romantic-comedy genre, so I feel that this is best suited to me. I want to try a “nerd/loser” but cute and lovable character. I also dreamed of having a “loco queen” woman character. Right now, I don’t have much greed in getting into something big or great. If I encounter an opportunity where I can learn and experience a lot, then I’d love to try it.

When I act, rather than being “Sandara” there’s a special feeling of being able to live another person’s life. It’s really thrilling and spectacular feeling, it’s just difficult to put into words. I’m also still attracted to the stage as well. I would like to try and explore there more too.

007-1

Source:

Translated by: BlackjackBelle@OhDara/ SlaveTranslator@WeLoveDara

Comments on: "Interview: Actress Dara Shares her Honest Thoughts on her “We Broke Up” Experience on 1st Look~ “Acting Inspires a Thrilling and Spectacular Feeling”" (11)

1. i dont know if it’s just me but whenever i click on older post and scroll down it glitches back to the current page. 😦 hmmmmm:(

2. sweepberry said:

Uwah!! Dara really needs all applause and standing ovation she really deserves! Alot of souls and blood are spared and tried to moved on because of her, and all are either aspired and inspired to strive ahead against the odds they (we’re) facing… T^T Dara~yah! You’re really an Angel gift to us! Stay Healthy and down to earth as you are, and may GOD bless you~ And Thank you Admins for OD for us Daralings to basked in. >.< (Man, this the latest one I wrote a lengthy one!~)

Much, much L.O.V.E.!~
    berry~
    /2/2

edit: lol the code messed up and hide some of my text XD

3. sweepberry said:

Uwah!! Dara really needs all applause and standing ovation she really deserves! Alot of souls and blood are spared and tried to moved on because of her, and all are either aspired and inspired to strive ahead against the odds they (we’re) facing… T^T Dara~yah! You’re really an Angel gift to us! Stay Healthy and down to earth as you are, and may GOD bless you~ .< (Man, this the latest one I wrote a lengthy one!~)

Much, much L.O.V.E.!~
    berry~
    /2/2

4. Desiweelovesapples said:

Never mind…. yg-life posted it. But anyways! I am soooo happy for her! It’s like project after project! You’ll do great Dara unnie! Congratulations!!!!! Ahhh i already took zzquil but when I saw the article now i’m wide awake -.-“

5. Desiweelovesapples said:

Omooooo!!!! Oh Dara please translate an article that We Love Dara posted on twitter about Dara unnie having her movie debut!! Please please please I want to know!!

6. Monching said:

A well thought answer! What i like about this qirl is that she has lots of determination, commitment and passion on what she do. One trait that i truly admire from her is perseverance, that despite all difficulties, how hard the road can be, she would still continue/persist by working harder than most people.

7. Thanks for the translation! I like it that she’s not greedy about big roles. It’s us fans who are so demanding. Take your time and do well Dara!

8. sandarafashion said:

It’s been a while since I commented here in OhDara. I love this interview so much. It shows us that Dara wants to take her time and prove her worth in acting. As much as we want her to take on big projects (cause she totally deserves it), I love that she is taking baby steps. This shows us her commitment to grow and her determination to act for a long time.

I realized that yes she is not getting younger but to be honest there is no rush. The real success of being an actress is not about being famous and rich. It’s about portraying roles/characters very well that in turn these characters affect us and tug our hearts as viewers. I am sure that Dara thinks the same. I love her maturity about her acting career path.

Also, can some of us stop mentioning Dara everytime a dating scandal brokes out. I am sure us mentioning her to start dating or reveal whoever she dates doesn’t only makes her uncomfortable but I also feel that we are violating her choice. Again, I get that most of us are just concerned but for the love of Unicorns, let the girl live. Whether or not she wants to date, get married or stay single forever it is her choice. And as fans, we cannot do anything about that but support her decisions.

Lastly, Thank You to OhDara/WeLoveDara for their undying support and love to Dara.

9. AtrueFan said: