[POP Issue] 2NE1 Says Goodbye By Releasing a New Single in Three Years
2NE1 is to release a new single for the first time in three years to say goodbye to their fans.
CL and DARA’s agency YG Entertainment issued an official announcement on January 5 and said, “CL, DARA, and BOM is to release a new single titled ‘GOOD BYE’ on January 21. They have recently finished recording the song and shooting the music video. It will be their last official song.” It’s been only two months since the group’s disbandment, and all the 2NE1 members got together except for MINZI.
2NE1 announced their disbandment in November last year. YG said, “We decided that it will be difficult to maintain 2NE1 as a group and focusing on supporting them as solo artists is better. We renewed contracts with CL and DARA in May, but unfortunately, not with BOM.” As of now, there is no news of BOM joining another agency.
After the official announcement, DARA, CL, and BOM each expressed how sad they are on their SNS pages. They expressed how sorry they are to cause pain to their fans as well as how thankful they are to their fans and that they will forever cherish the memories.” MINZI, who left the group in April last year, also wrote a letter saying, “I’ve received so much love. To repay the love I got from the fans, I will continue to work hard and become better.”
Except for performing at the 2015 MAMA, 2NE1 had been on a long hiatus after releasing their second regular album “CRUSH” in February 2014. This is why the members felt that they did not say a proper goodbye to their fans. This is also the reason why CL, DARA, and BOM got together for this new single.
“GOOD BYE” is a good bye from 2NE1 as well as their first new single in three years. MINZI is now a solo artist under Music Works, so she wasn’t able to participate. But still, fans are happy to see the three 2NE1 members together. YG artists have been dominating the charts since the beginning of this year, and we will soon be able to find out whether 2NE1′s new single will continue the trend and whether fans will welcome the group’s last present.
[Exclusive] 2NE1 Finished Shooting a Music Video on January 3. Does This Mean Reunion or a Present for Fans?
The recently-disbanded group 2NE1 had a secret get-together.
Sources informed Sports Today on January 5, “2NE1 finished shooting a music video on Janaury 3 abroad. MINZI already has another agency, so she wasn’t able to join them.”
YG Entertainment announced the disbandment of 2NE1 in November last year. CL and DARA renewed their contract with YG as solo artists, but not BOM. MINZI had left YG in April last year.
Fans were sorry to see the group disband suddenly, and many wanted them to reunite. Then came the news that 2NE1 is shooting a new music video, and people wandered about what it meant.
It is yet unclear whether this means that 2NE1 has reunited or it is a last present for the fans, but the fact that 2NE1 members came together will send shockwaves across Korea’s music scene.
[Official Announcement] YG Announces the Release of 2NE1′s New Single “GOOD BYE” on January 21
Girl group 2NE1 is to release “GOOD BYE” on January 21.
YG announced on January 5 that, “2NE1 was disbanded without even saying good bye to their fans, and through the new single, the group will express how sorry they are.”
CL, DARA, and BOM recently finished shooting the music video for “GOOD BYE” without MINZI.
This new single will be a good bye song from 2NE1, a group loved fans from in and out of the country.