Can’t Get This Product Out Of My Head: 10 Catchy CM Songs
Does that music video you’re watching have a suspiciously high rate of visible brand names? Are your headphones reminding you that you haven’t yet bought that new thing that everyone’s talking about? If so, there’s a good chance that the song is a CM single, an advertisement song for a product or service. Companies in South Korea put idols’ popularity to good use and hire them to promote products for them. We’ve collected 10 of our favorites for a little product placement parade! Fair warning: try not to spend all your money on your favorite idol’s product — save some for whatever they’ll be promoting next year, too.
Using well-known faces and voices to promote a product is a genius move in itself and adding idols into the equation creates the perfect storm of chart-topping music that everyone will hear, idols that hoards of fans look to for fashion and lifestyle inspiration, and a product that has now entered the minds of an entire target audience.
10. T-ARA for Nonghyup Apples — “Apple is A”
9. 2NE1 for Yamaha Fiore — “Don’t Stop the Music”
8. AUTUMN VACATION for TheraFlu — “Cold Medicine”
7. JANG GUEN SUK and SISTAR for Samsung YEPP — “Magic Drag”
6. 2PM for Corby Anycall — “My Color”
5. F(X) for LG Chocolate — “Chocolate Love”
4. SANDARA PARK (2NE1) for Cass Beer — “Kiss”
3. 2PM and GIRLS GENERATION for Caribbean Bay — “Cabi Song”
2. BIG BANG and 2NE1 for LG Lollipop — “Lollipop”
1. HYUN BIN JYJ, BIG BANG, CHOI JI WOO, SONG SEUN HUN, 2PM, KIM HYUN JOONG , and JANG GEUN SUK for Lotte Duty Free — “So I’m Loving You”
Reuploaded by: OhDara